showing or feeling no interest, enthusiasm, or concern.“apathetic slackers who don’t vote”
synonyms: uninterested, indifferent, unconcerned, unmoved, uninvolved, disinterested, unemotional, emotionless, dispassionate, lukewarm, unmotivated, halfhearted
Don’t become roommates with your significant other. Love is not meant to be lazy or comfortable; it is meant to be a choice to be passionate, supportive, exciting, etc. Â You will not convince me that after some years it is normal to lose a spark and both people become okay with that. This is not a normal course of action for true love because love is meant to be worked on, not taken for granted. Â If you allow your love to become apathetic, it will torture your soul and destroy both of you at your cores…
These are the 5 Dangers of Apathetic Love
- Low self-esteem – When you’re not affirmed, supported, and outwardly loved by your partner, it starts to kill your self-esteem. After some time, the apathy in your relationship will make you feel unworthy, unattractive, and lonely. You will eventually fall out of love with yourself, too.
- Lowered Libido – Let’s face it, passion between lovers is important in a relationship. When that flame fades, you’ll find that you no longer crave sexual attention and you may begin to lose interest and not enjoy it all together. Your partner’s lack of interest is not only a mood killer, it’s a libido killer.
- Trouble getting turned on – Not only will your desire for sex and physical affection diminish, your ability to get turned on when you want it will be come more difficult. If your relationship does fail, this feeling may carry into your next one.
- Contempt for Your Partner – When the feeling of not getting what you want and need from a partner ins’t communicated or goes unnoticed and ignored, your feeling toward your significant other can turn to anger and hate. The littlest things will start to set you off about them. (This is not a good spot to be in. At this point, you’ll have to either commit to put in the work or go your separate ways.)
- Wandering Eyes – The grass isn’t always greener on the other side, but sometimes it is, so we start looking for it. When you’re not engaging and working on your partnership, it’s only natural to start looking for others to fill the void. (The sad part is, many couples cheat or break it off without ever really trying to fix what isn’t working for them.)
When something isn’t right, it isn’t right and you owe it to you and your significant other to part ways and find true happiness. Find the person that sets your soul on fire. Be a couple that challenges each other to do better, affirms one another, and communicates their wants and needs. Be the couple that can’t stand to be apart, that find solace in each other after a tough week. Choose to look at one another in 20 years the same way you did on your steamy third date.Â Don’t settle for love that is less than extraordinary. You can get along with many people. You can be roommates with anyone. But you won’t love just anyone like you give a shit. So find the person that loves you like they give a shit, too.
When your regular morning coffee won't cut it... don't forget to add oil of boil and a dead man's toe! The Witch's… https://t.co/w6NYY14DrfFollow