Homemade Skincare: Whipped Body Butter Recipe
Nikki Aguilar, 7 years ago 0 2 min read 16467
Do something good for mind and spiritâ€¦ get into making things from scratch. This doesnâ€™t just apply to food; you can make homemade skincare thatâ€™s much better for you than the stuff you buy at drugs stores. Do I still purchase deodorants and soaps? Absolutely. I make sure that what Iâ€™m putting on my skin is either organic or naturally based. Infused with healing essential oils? Even better.
If you have some extra time or are bored on a rainy day, try this recipe for homemade whipped body butter!
- 1/2 cupÂ Shea Butter
- 1/2 cupÂ Cocoa ButterorÂ Mango Butter
- 1/2 cupÂ Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup light oil almond or jojoba
- Â¼ cup bees wax
- Optional: 10-20 drops ofÂ essential oils of choiceÂ (Iâ€™m a frankincense and lavender girl because of the amazing healing properties.)
- If you have a double boiler, awesome! If not, a glass bowl placed in shallow water in a large post will do. Combine all ingredients except the essential oils.
- Set stove top to medium heat and stir constantly until all ingredients are melted. My bees wax to a little bit to melt, so I suggest putting them on the bottom.
- Once everything is melted, remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Let cool an additional hour or so in the fridge. Youâ€™ll want the mixture to be somewhat hardened, but still soft to the touch.
- Using a hand mixer, whip for 10 minutes until fluffy, and then put it back in the fridge for 10 minutes to set.
- To keep the integrity of the oils, store in a dark glass jar. If you live in a warm area, you may want to keep it in the fridge because the oils will become very soft if itâ€™s too hot in your home.
Lover of hikes, rock music, and anything that feels good. I'm an intentional living enthusiast that writes about mind, body, soul wellness and creates healthy recipes for vegetarian, vegan, and pescatarian lifestyles. My cookbooks, journals, and planners can be found on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. Click SHOP in the menu to explore!
Leave a Reply