We have a theme this week. Can you tell? I clearly need to travel soon, but I want everyone to travel. You learn so much and learn to appreciate life so much more when you get out and see the world. Because traveling makes me happy I wanted to give you some tips on how to plan your next trip!
- Make a list of places youâ€™d like to go this year. Which can you easily do? Whatâ€™s in your budget? Can you save for your dream vacation?
- Set dates. This helps you make those trips happen. Have a three-day weekend for Easter? Plan your trip around it.
- Research the area. Sure, Maine is beautiful, but what is there to do there? What area most suits your needs?
- Book tours and activities ahead of time if you can. It helps you save money most times and helps you manage your time BEFORE you get there.
- Travel to places like islands in their off season to save MAJOR change on hotels. I went to the Bahamas in December and stayed at Atlantis for much less than they charge in the spring.
- Use Google Flights to check for the lowest prices on airfare. It pulls information from all airlines and youâ€™ll wind up with the best flight option.
- If youâ€™re renting a car, use Priceline to bid on them. If a car rental place has cars available last minute, youâ€™ll get a good deal.
- Have a credit card that gets your points for purchases and then you can use those points for travel credits.
- Southwest flights. You can cancel for free, change your flight for free, and check bags for freeâ€¦ Need I say more?
- Pack light. Youâ€™re not moving; youâ€™re traveling.
Lastly, always tell someone when and where youâ€™re traveling. Safety first!
I don’t know who needs to hear this, but if you’re carrying guns, it’s not a protest. #CountEveryVoteFollow
I'm a completely different person than I was last year... fuck, I'm a different person than I was before quarantine… https://t.co/obOsYmqssHFollow
I can't handle much more of this... Gray wolves stripped of endangered species protections by Trump administration… https://t.co/WoxWpQ701uFollow