I hope everyone had a fabulously indulgent holiday season and yâ€™all are ready for another amazing year. The biggest resolution is to get in shape or be healthier, so letâ€™s focus on reeling our nutrition in before 2016. I realize that we have another big celebration coming up with lots of drinking, but that doesnâ€™t mean we need to continue the holiday indulgence until then. If we take some small steps now, your resolution to get back on the health wagon will be that much easier.
Here are 5 easy steps you can take to start your Happy Holidayâ€™s Detox:
- Start your morning with hot lemon water. You need water to rehydrate after 8hrs of no fluids and the lemon kick starts your metabolism and starts detoxing your cells. If youâ€™ve never done this, it may clean you outâ€¦ thatâ€™s all Iâ€™m going to say about that.
- Make breakfast your biggest meal (keep it healthy) and have your meals get smaller throughout the day.
- Snack on fruits and Veggies twice a day. In between breakfast and lunch, then lunch and dinner keep your metabolism going by snacking on raw fruits and veggies.
- Take a 15 â€“ 30 minute walk a day. No need to go crazy, just move.
- Have a hot glass of Turmeric milk before bed. Itâ€™s full of antioxidants and the spices are calming and will help ease you to sleep.
Remember, small changes will yield big results. Go into 2016 already feeling better!