Saturn Return: 29 Thoughts for Your 29th Birthday
In exactly one week, I will start my first Saturn Return. November 18th marks my 29th Birthday and that means Saturn, which takes about 29 years to fully orbit the sun, will either ease me into the life of my dreams or a give me a year of absolute hell. I’m excited. I know that sounds crazy, but being as intuitive as I am, I know that I’m about to be on a very fun rollercoaster of success. I know what obstacles I have in my life right now and what obstacles lay ahead. Nothing will be a surprise. How I handle this year of my life is completely in my hands. I choose to be graceful and to keep an open mind.
If you’re turning 29, you may be asking yourself “I’m almost 30… what am I doing with my life”? You may have security by now, your life may be in shambles, or you’re looking for great change and a shift in how you want the rest of your life to play out. Wherever you are, know that it is all part of the plan to make you stronger, wiser, and happier overall. This is the year that you figure your shit out. Everyone’s Saturn Return holds great power and it’s our job to figure out how to harness it. It’s time to mature gracefully, become successful, and overcome adversity. So ask yourself: Who am I? What do I want from my life? Do I have the balls to go after my own happiness?
Over the past few months, I have started designing the life I want. To fully embrace being a part-time entrepreneur — because I also work full time to support my dreams –I have started a blog, have a book in the works, and line of organic skin and bath products to be released next year. I asked myself a few months ago, “What will truly make you happy?” I knew the answers right away… I wanted to make a difference in the world and change how people see themselves. I wanted to be my own boss and master of my own destiny. I wanted to be creative and surround myself with like-minded people. And so, I did all that and continue to grow and flourish into exactly what I want my life to be. 29 is the age to choose YOUR life path and follow it, no matter how crazy or lonely it may be. 29 is your time to shine.
Here are my 29 Thoughts for your 29th Birthday:
1. Let go of what doesn’t serve you. You will not flourish if you keep negative friends in your life, deadbeat boyfriends, awful jobs… etc. It’s time to clean house.
2. Be open to love. Whether it’s gentle or tough, you need love in your life. Don’t close your heart off to people. Speak through love. Act through love.
3. Say no. You’re more than old enough to have an opinion on what you do and don’t want to do in your life. Don’t be afraid to say no to people.
4. Be flexible, but don’t bend over and take it. You are not to be taken advantage of.
5. Surround yourself with like-minded people. Sure, we all have those friends that are polar opposites of us, but surrounding yourself with people on your wavelength, will help you succeed and chase all your crazy dreams.
6. Travel. See the world and soak in all the cultures and experiences it has to offer.
7. Live alone. If you haven’t had your own space yet, get one. It helps form who you are and what you need to live.
8. Spend money on experiences. Not things.
9. Start making your own traditions, traditions that will carry over to when you start a family.
10. Rescue a pet. Animals have an amazing ability to pick you up when you’re down. A rescue will be forever grateful.
11. Workout. It’s a natural anti-depressant.
12. Eat well, eat clean, but never pass up a cupcake. Being healthy doesn’t mean depriving yourself.
13. Find your spiritual place… a place where you are most connected to yourself and the world around you.
14. Stop comparing yourself to others. Your focus should be on creating YOU, not a copy of someone else.
15. Laugh at yourself. Life is too serious as it is.
16. Have a passion project. This will keep you inspired even when you’re daily grind seems mundane.
17. Keep your inner child alive. People that keep a child-like spark burning tend to be happier.
18. Try new things. If you’ve ever wondered it’s like to do a marathon. Just do it! You have nothing to lose.
19. Learn to enjoy peace & quiet.
20. Get a full night’s sleep and sleep in on the weekends. Let your body heal and reset.
21. Choose to be happy. Life is a constant battle between light and dark. Happinessis the light of your life.
22. Understand yourself and know how to correct your faults. You’re the only one that can fix you, so don’t rely on someone else to do it for you.
23. Don’t wait for someone else to validate how awesome you are. Validate yourself because you ARE awesome.
24. Be kind to others, even when it means ignoring their ill will towards you.
25. If you learn something valuable, teach. Helping others should be everyone’s mission.
26. Give to charity. The littlest bit sometimes means a great deal, so give if and when you can.
27. Pamper yourself. You work hard and life knocks us around. Paying for a massage is SO worth it sometimes.
28. Share your life with someone special. The special someone should also be your best friend.
29. Your vibe attracts your tribe and also impacts your future. Keep your vibe positive and positive will be attracted to you. The Law of Attraction works if you understand it.