No one ever got fat from eating a piece of fruit. I often tell people that even if youâ€™re at your caloric intake for the day and you get hungry, go for an apple or crunchy veggies. Your body LOVES fruits and veggies. It wants them! They are packed with natural sugars and fiber, are easy to break down, and are way healthier than grabbing a processed snack like a power bar. Most are low in calories which means it wonâ€™t make you pop buttons if you have some extra servings. At the end of the day, they are whole foods and whole foods are what you should be putting in your body. So here are my rules about eating your fruits and veggies.
1.Eat them by the cup full. If youâ€™re having a mixed fruit salad, measure it out into a cup. A Cup of fruits or veggies is the perfect portion whether youâ€™re eating them solo or with a meal.
2. Eat 4 cups (servings) of fruit per day. Fruit gives you energy and keeps you full. And keeps things moving… if youâ€™re picking up what Iâ€™m putting down. HELLO FIBER.
3. Spread your fruit servings out. Even though itâ€™s natural sugar, you donâ€™t want to put too much into the system at once.
4. Eat 5 servings of veggies a day. It seems like a lot, but if you make a salad, you can basically do it all in one meal.
5. Try to keep it raw. Cooking food changes itâ€™s chemistry. That doesnâ€™t mean itâ€™s bad for you, itâ€™s just best to eat things in their natural form.
6. Eat with purpose. Learning how to fuel your body is imperative. What do I mean? Knowing how to mix food for energy is imperative. If youâ€™re going to run a marathon, a banana is your best friend. Mixing it with peanut butter and toast will give you slow releasing energy.
Youâ€™ll notice as you incorporate more fruits and veggies into your diet that youâ€™ll start leaning out and feeling less bloated. They also have the ability to help clear skin and reduce inflammation. If you treat your body well, it will treat you well. This is a good way to start!
Listen to the latest episode now! Our Bodies Against the Fashion & Beauty Industries - Co-host: Claire Torres… https://t.co/MdCRbxJH8UFollow