Eat Plant-Based | Baked BBQ Tofu Buddha Bowl Recipe
I’ve never cooked Tofu before… that might be hard to believe, but it’s true. So, I decided to try something new and dreamt up this Baked BBQ Tofu Buddha Bowl Recipe. I wanted to keep in simple, light, but full of flavor. Roasted corn, pickled red onions, avocado, and bbq tofu made the perfect toppings to this rice bowl! I think I knocked it out of the park, but you’ll need to make it and let me know what you think!
What You’ll Need:
Extra Firm, Cubed Tofu (If you can find organic, do that!)
1/2 avocado, cubed
1/2 cup brown rice
1/2 red onion, sliced
3/4 cup organic frozen corn
Arrow Root Powder or Cornstarch
Old Bay Seasoning
2 TBSP white vinegar
1 tsp sugar
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees…
2. Drain the tofu and dredge in arrow root or cornstarch. Place on a cookie sheet and back for 30 minutes.
3. Boil 1 1/4 cup of water in a small sauce pan. Once boiling, add 1/2 cup of brown rice. Allow it to boil for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to simmer, place a lid on it, and let it cook for about 30 minutes!
4. Place onions in a frying pan on medium heat. Add a pinch of salt to sweat them out. Once they get a little soft, add 2 TBSP of vinegar and 1tsp of sugar. Let onions cook down until they are soft.
5. On another small tray, spread out 3/4 cup of frozen corn and sprinkle with Old Bay. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
6. Once the tofu is done, lightly toss in BBQ sauce
7. Cube your avocado
8. Assemble in bowl and enjoy!
This makes 2 servings.
Perfect for a home cooked date night!
OMG!!! #TOOL !!!!! FEAR INOCULUM is making my ears happy. 13 years and worth the wait!Follow
It may be hotter than heck right now, but the new fall line at Lulus is giving me all the feels! Shop:… https://t.co/cTGtWkhL2ZFollow