Eat Plant-Based | Baked BBQ Tofu Buddha Bowl Recipe
I’ve never cooked Tofu before… that might be hard to believe, but it’s true. So, I decided to try something new and dreamt up this Baked BBQ Tofu Buddha Bowl Recipe. I wanted to keep in simple, light, but full of flavor. Roasted corn, pickled red onions, avocado, and bbq tofu made the perfect toppings to this rice bowl! I think I knocked it out of the park, but you’ll need to make it and let me know what you think!
What You’ll Need:
Extra Firm, Cubed Tofu (If you can find organic, do that!)
1/2 avocado, cubed
1/2 cup brown rice
1/2 red onion, sliced
3/4 cup organic frozen corn
Arrow Root Powder or Cornstarch
Old Bay Seasoning
2 TBSP white vinegar
1 tsp sugar
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees…
2. Drain the tofu and dredge in arrow root or cornstarch. Place on a cookie sheet and back for 30 minutes.
3. Boil 1 1/4 cup of water in a small sauce pan. Once boiling, add 1/2 cup of brown rice. Allow it to boil for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to simmer, place a lid on it, and let it cook for about 30 minutes!
4. Place onions in a frying pan on medium heat. Add a pinch of salt to sweat them out. Once they get a little soft, add 2 TBSP of vinegar and 1tsp of sugar. Let onions cook down until they are soft.
5. On another small tray, spread out 3/4 cup of frozen corn and sprinkle with Old Bay. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
6. Once the tofu is done, lightly toss in BBQ sauce
7. Cube your avocado
8. Assemble in bowl and enjoy!
This makes 2 servings.
Perfect for a home cooked date night!
When your regular morning coffee won't cut it... don't forget to add oil of boil and a dead man's toe! The Witch's… https://t.co/w6NYY14DrfFollow