I love what I do. I love producing TV and working in entertainment, but I also love helping people live to their fullest potential. Both things make me happy, but one is super fulfillingâ€¦ so what is a girl to do? Both. Iâ€™m not going to lie, itâ€™s a lot of work, but until you can afford to do the fulfilling job by itself, youâ€™re going to have to hustle. Yes, it is possible to balance both, but youâ€™re going to have to WORK and keep yourself accountable and motivated. Iâ€™m here to tell you that you can monetize your passion and make it a career. You can become a girl boss and with my experience you can just figure it out as you go along.
Youâ€™re going to have to do a lot of work and soul searching. I canâ€™t stress this point enough. Youâ€™ll have to ask yourself lots of questions, research, and learn from those who came before you. If you have the money to pay people to help you, awesome! If you donâ€™t, youâ€™ll have to learn how to build the site yourself. Everything is possible; you just have to put the work in. When I took the plunge into following my dream of becoming and Wellness and Lifestyle Coach, these are the steps/processes I went throughâ€¦
- What do I want to do? What is my mission? Who is my ideal audience? These are all important questions that will lead you to the concept of your business. Your answers must be clear and concise, so donâ€™t rush through this process. I suggest journaling all of your ideas so you can create a roadmap to your dreams.
- Do I want to go at this alone or find a partner to come along for the ride? Thatâ€™s completely up to you. If you have a buddy that also teaches yoga and has the same aspirations, it may be worth going into business together. Itâ€™s a personal choice.
- What colors and images do I identify with and do they reflect my business? Branding is super important. How many of you have bought a bottle of wine just because the packaging was cute? Thatâ€™s branding and it will make or break your business. Your logo, fonts, color selections, etc. all need to be a reflection of you, the business and your audience.
- Free content helps you build your audience and then theyâ€™ll pay for your programs and products. I blog 3x a week and tackle topics for bettering your mind, body, and soul. I also offer some small freebie programs available for download, which Iâ€™m working on combining into one awesome download. My biggest thing is not excluding anyone from my advice. You may not be able to afford a session, but you can still better yourself from advice in my blogs.
- You have a lot to do, so plan it out. Get a day planner and write down everything you need to do and give yourself deadlines. How many times a week are you going to blog? When are you going to releases your latest program? Iâ€™m up at 6am, workout, and shower, go to work, come home and write or work on my programs. So I burn some midnight oil and do a lot of work on weekends. Make time. Get shit done.
- Find affiliates that fit your brand. This is another great way to monetize, but make sure itâ€™s products you believe in. If you donâ€™t trust or use the products, why would you expect your clients or fans to use them?
- Surround yourself with likeminded people. There are so many amazing entrepreneur groups on facebook and mostly everyone in them are willing to answer questions and help out. Networking will help you learn.
- Stay active on social media. Get every app you can. Sometimes itâ€™s daunting, but itâ€™s the only way to keep your audience engaged and in the know.
- Donâ€™tâ€™ give into self-doubt. I was you. Sitting here like â€œI donâ€™t have a certificationâ€ â€œI donâ€™t have a lawyer to do my terms and conditions to protect me from the sue happyâ€â€¦ Guess what? You just need to know more than the person/people you are teaching and you can Google the legalities of starting a business and take it into your own hands. Fear of the unknown should not stop you; it should motivate you.
- Continuously look for ways grow. Sign up for webinars, plan your own events and outreach, team up with others to do a podcastâ€¦ the possibilities are endless.
I use my stand mixer all the time, so I don't know if this is a want or a need, but OMG the printed bowls are freak… https://t.co/MDT3aieoTXFollow