People will say that there is an oversaturation in the health and wellness market. There are too many products and too many coaches. I disagree a little. Health and wellness is such a personal journey and many of us have tried numerous protein powders, sports bras, personal trainers, etc. Itâ€™s all about finding what works best for us. To start the journey and stay on the right path, we need to form a connection with not just ourselves, but a coach as well.
You may not go to a gym to workout with a trainer, but you most likely look up to someone in the industry and follow their advice whether youâ€™re conscious of it or not. Many of us need to consciously choose someone to keep us motivated and to teach us new things. Yes, even me. Iâ€™m a tough cookie when it comes to connecting with coaches. I want someone nurturing, but I also want someone that knows how to kick butt. Wipe the floor with me during boot camp and then give me a hug when itâ€™s all over! Hehe! I look for a coach that is not only going to change my body, but help me change my mind. So ask yourselfâ€¦ what do you need from a coach?
Coaching can happen via the Internet these days, but itâ€™s up to you to do the work. Here are some tips on how to pick a wellness coach thatâ€™s right for you!
- Do you need face-to-face time with someone? If youâ€™re in need of personal accountability, scour yelp or ask friends about trainers theyâ€™ve worked with and why they liked them. Donâ€™t get locked into one person though. Many trainers offer free or discounted first sessions, so test them out. Remember, itâ€™s about a connection. If you donâ€™t feel a spark with your coach, you probably wonâ€™t continue going to them.
- What do you need help with? Physical fitness, nutrition, or both? Always looks for someone who isnâ€™t a one-trick pony. All coaches has basic nutrition education, but if you need someone to tailor a meal plan to you, make sure youâ€™re finding a coach that can help you eat and workout!
- Are you #beastmode or are you #takeiteasy? So many times Iâ€™ve heard that trainers/coaches go way too hard on you the first time, but itâ€™s up to you to set boundaries to begin with. A coach is there to push you, but if you donâ€™t want to be pushed, you have to tell them. Make sure to ask your potential coach about their techniques.
- Wellness is mind, body, and spirit. Do you need a coach that has an inner hippie inside them? Someone that emotes love and gratitude? You might be laughing, but itâ€™s important that the vibe between you and your coach donâ€™t clash. If the energies donâ€™t match, the coaching becomes counterintuitive.
- Are you strong-willed enough to receive online coaching and put in the work? Weâ€™re all busy in this crazy world and sometimes itâ€™s nice to get an email with your workouts, meal plan, and motivation. You read it, do it, and achieve. Even though this type of coaching is digital, you still need a connection and understanding of the person trying to help you.Â Â If an email is all you need to be motived, then an online coach is right for you!
OMG!!! #TOOL !!!!! FEAR INOCULUM is making my ears happy. 13 years and worth the wait!Follow
It may be hotter than heck right now, but the new fall line at Lulus is giving me all the feels! Shop:… https://t.co/cTGtWkhL2ZFollow