Do something good for mind and spiritâ€¦ get into making things from scratch. This doesnâ€™t just apply to food; you can make homemade skincare thatâ€™s much better for you than the stuff you buy at drugs stores. Do I still purchase deodorants and soaps? Absolutely. I make sure that what Iâ€™m putting on my skin is either organic or naturally based. Infused with healing essential oils? Even better.
If you have some extra time or are bored on a rainy day, try this recipe for homemade whipped body butter!
- 1/2 cupÂ Shea Butter
- 1/2 cupÂ Cocoa ButterorÂ Mango Butter
- 1/2 cupÂ Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup light oil almond or jojoba
- Â¼ cup bees wax
- Optional: 10-20 drops ofÂ essential oils of choiceÂ (Iâ€™m a frankincense and lavender girl because of the amazing healing properties.)
- If you have a double boiler, awesome! If not, a glass bowl placed in shallow water in a large post will do. Combine all ingredients except the essential oils.
- Set stove top to medium heat and stir constantly until all ingredients are melted. My bees wax to a little bit to melt, so I suggest putting them on the bottom.
- Once everything is melted, remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Let cool an additional hour or so in the fridge. Youâ€™ll want the mixture to be somewhat hardened, but still soft to the touch.
- Using a hand mixer, whip for 10 minutes until fluffy, and then put it back in the fridge for 10 minutes to set.
- To keep the integrity of the oils, store in a dark glass jar. If you live in a warm area, you may want to keep it in the fridge because the oils will become very soft if itâ€™s too hot in your home.
My favorite cleanser is Ocean Cleanser by OSEA. So excited to get my refill and I thought I’d share. Non-toxic Ve… https://t.co/KFxJ0TMYLvFollow
Make every day a beach day in Lilly! $20 off for every $100 spent. It's easy to do when everything is so stinkin' c… https://t.co/kyDU0jahIPFollow